Waterford Township, Michigan

I bought a couch from the Gardner White on Hall Road on Friday, October 21st.I scheduled a 4pm-11pm delivery for today, October 25th, since it was the earliest they could get to me.

Related: Gardner White Furniture Delivery Service Review

Apparently they do not deliver on the weekends and pick up the furniture from the store on Monday. I was told I would get an email that would have a link to track my truck and help me better plan. I left work early to be home by 4pm, just in case the truck had me first on the list, and I still had not received an email narrowing down my time. I finally received the email around 4:15pm stating my estimated delivery window was between 11pm-1am; clearly outside the window I was told earlier.

When I called the company, I was told that they are busy and packed with furniture; I could re-schedule a time if 11pm-1am did not work. However, there was no guarantee that it would be a better time tomorrow, especially since they seem to get busier as the week goes on. Since I work during the day, it has to be a later delivery. The delivery service could do nothing for me, so they routed me to the store, which was also no help.

There was no way to promise I would get my couch during the 4pm-11pm time frame. I could potentially continue to push back my date of delivery because everyday could have an 11pm-1am window that I am scheduled in.

Neither person I talked to seem to have answers for me, nor were they helpful.Their answer was to re-schedule and hope that tomorrow would work out better.

I didn't like: Customer service, Delivery service.

Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Problem with delivery / Not specified
Preferred solution Deliver product or service ordered

Had an Experience with Gardner White Furniture?

Comments

Dano

Same garbage @ the Auburn Hills location.

Promised same day delivery 4-11pm on my $2500 mattress, then confirmed a 1am -3am delivery.

Told them this is ridiculous, I bought a bed so I could sleep in it - not be roused in the middle of the night for delivery.Guess we will see when they confirm delivery tomorrow.