Gardner White Furniture - Gardner White Claims Normal Wear and Tear Is possible On Leather Furniture After Only 7 months!?!
My husband and I spent over $7,000 dollars in the last year and a half at Gardner White and planned to purchase our family room furniture next month, but after the customer service or lack of I will never shop there again.We bought a leather reclining sofa and loveseat, and purchased the extended warranty on each piece.
A year and a half later we have tears all over both pieces and after discovering this decided to inspect the matching reclining chair that we purchased only 7 months ago, which has the same thing. Most of the tears are coming from the seams on all 3 pieces. The extended warranty company says it is a manufacture problem and Gardner White tells me it is "normal wear and tear" and they are not responsible. Tell me how a piece of leather furniture cracks after 7 months, unless the product is a cheap piece of furniture.
As a consumer I took ever step to protect myself and they still did not offer to repair it. I did not want replacement furniture, but a repair. And instead of standing up to their guarantee, they hide behind a defense of "normal wear and tear". We were told when we bought this that it would last us at least 10 years if we took care of it properly.
When I spoke with the District Manager Jeff Ballard he was matter of fact and flat out unhelpful. He acted as if I was wasting his time and refused to offer any remedy to help with the problem I was having.He went on to tell me I probably did not condition my furniture properly, and when I told him I followed the care instructions he flip flopped telling me that I probably over conditioned it. Sounds like this guy is looking for excuses not to help out a loyal customer because no leather product would have wear and tear after 7 months. when I asked for the president of the companies contact information he said that he was as high as I could go and I was basically out of luck.
Only after four attempts to get contact information for the president of the companies information did he reluctantly give me an address to send a letter. Guardsmen said they would repair the furniture at my cost and I think Gardner White should have offered to pay this fee. Jeff Ballard should realize the check that Gardner White pays him is because of money from the customers who shop there. DO NOT BUY FROM GARDNER WHITE!!!
YOUR FURNITURE WILL FALL APART AND THEY WILL BLAME YOU!!!PLUS JEFF BALLARD LIES WHEN HE SAYS HE HAS CUSTOMER SERVICE SKILLS BECAUSE HE HAS A TOTAL DISREGUARD FOR CUSTOMER SATISFACTION!!!
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Malta Leather
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
You May Also Like
- "We have had Jeromes service person to our house three times to look at our sectional because the vinyl fabric started wearing through in the first three months. Each time,..."
- "I purchased at full price a nice living room called Calvert. I bought the recliner couch and chair... It was suppose to be leather.... I was told when it several..."
- "KraftMaid APC "All Plywood Construction" is a true misnomer. The backs of the cabinets are made from a combination of strips of plywood (for wall attachment) and a sheet of..."
- "I bought a whirlpool washer and got arrested in the and I bought extended warranty and they won't fix it..."
- " I bought a Nokian tire from tiresbyweb.com in August 2014. I paid an additional $20.25 for a Sonsio "Defender" road-hazard warranty. In March 2015 I hit a pothole that destroyed..."
- "Another SCAM on free US Airlines tickets that I am sure are the same people doing it in other states. $ $1,400.00 of free tickets and a please call..."
- "Dear Sir/Madam, I'm writing this letter to report the immorality of Mr. Mark Kevin Concepcion while on duty. As per Mark Kevin Concepcion he was sent by your good company..."
- "Choxi ripped me off for over 100.00! I kept asking when my items would be shipped and would receive replies from their 'customer service' dept., saying they were doing everything..."
- "This company offers drop shipping on their sites so you can sell their items on e-Bay.com and the items never sells, all crappy stuff. You call them to cancel and..."