Gardner White Furniture - Gardner White Claims Normal Wear and Tear Is possible On Leather Furniture After Only 7 months!?!

My husband and I spent over $7,000 dollars in the last year and a half at Gardner White and planned to purchase our family room furniture next month, but after the customer service or lack of I will never shop there again.We bought a leather reclining sofa and loveseat, and purchased the extended warranty on each piece.

A year and a half later we have tears all over both pieces and after discovering this decided to inspect the matching reclining chair that we purchased only 7 months ago, which has the same thing. Most of the tears are coming from the seams on all 3 pieces. The extended warranty company says it is a manufacture problem and Gardner White tells me it is "normal wear and tear" and they are not responsible. Tell me how a piece of leather furniture cracks after 7 months, unless the product is a cheap piece of furniture.

As a consumer I took ever step to protect myself and they still did not offer to repair it. I did not want replacement furniture, but a repair. And instead of standing up to their guarantee, they hide behind a defense of "normal wear and tear". We were told when we bought this that it would last us at least 10 years if we took care of it properly.

When I spoke with the District Manager Jeff Ballard he was matter of fact and flat out unhelpful. He acted as if I was wasting his time and refused to offer any remedy to help with the problem I was having.He went on to tell me I probably did not condition my furniture properly, and when I told him I followed the care instructions he flip flopped telling me that I probably over conditioned it. Sounds like this guy is looking for excuses not to help out a loyal customer because no leather product would have wear and tear after 7 months. when I asked for the president of the companies contact information he said that he was as high as I could go and I was basically out of luck.

Only after four attempts to get contact information for the president of the companies information did he reluctantly give me an address to send a letter. Guardsmen said they would repair the furniture at my cost and I think Gardner White should have offered to pay this fee. Jeff Ballard should realize the check that Gardner White pays him is because of money from the customers who shop there. DO NOT BUY FROM GARDNER WHITE!!!

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Helpful? 6 Yes 6 0 No 0
Had the same issue 2 Yes 2
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Apr 16 #1145661 Aubrey, Texas

Shame on them!!!

Jan 04 #1088614

I also AM dealing with that waste of space that you are speaking of named jeff and I also dealing with the garbage they call furniture in my living room that they refuse to take care of I have been jumping through hoops and then given the run around and was finally placed on a phone call with him and through this process I have never felt so unimportant after spending so much money in their store just like the rest of you I can guarantee if we keep letting other people know what they are really about hopefully one day we will watch the news and see that these thieves go out of business for good or they need to honor their contracts that they signed with us and do like they say they are going to do or they need to have their sales men stop lying to their customers and giving them false hope that they will be able to have their furniture replaced hassle-free.

Dec 05, 2015 #1074304

How do you not replace peeling leather furniture this should never happen . I will never buy from Gardne White again Michelle

Feb 02, 2015 #939868 Royal Oak, Michigan

I am now dealing with Jeff Ballard regarding shoddy furniture which was clearly defective from day one and he is being uncooperative. Maybe a class action lawsuit would make GW change their policies! P.S. We also bought the extended warranty and feel totally duped.

Aug 25, 2014 #861423 New Baltimore, Michigan

Bought a couch and a love seat from Gardner white.All the springs in both units are coming thru the cushions and all the padding has fallen out after one year. Made several phone calls and didn't get any help.Do not buy anything from garner white it's junk and the service is terrible

May 28, 2014 #820973 Highland Park, Michigan

I bought a leather sectional and in less than two years, all of the "leather" has crumbled and peeled away. We also bought a microfiber sectional for our family room that was supposed to be Scotchguarded, but never was. One recliner in it is broken, the other slants sideways now. I also purchased a kitchen table and chairs, and in less than a year, the bottoms are falling out of the seats. I bought all of these on clearance, and was told theres no warranty because of this. Im so very grateful I didnt pay full price, because warranties mean nothing to them. The furniture they sell is plywood and cardboard. I advise Art Van!

Oct 02, 2013 #724665

We had the same thing happen with our leather furniture. Not even a month old and the color at the seems has rubbed off. We purchased the extended warranty which appears useless. We contacted Gardner White and they directed us to Jeff Ballard. He was rather rude and told us that it was natural wear and there was nothing he could do. We will never purchase another item from them ever again.

Nov 13, 2012 #568494

Gardner White Furniture offers a 1-year warranty against manufacturer's defects. I apologize if you are having a concern with your merchandise. I would be happy to review your service history. Please e-mail me with your information,
Customer Service

May 28, 2014 #820975

This is a joke I went far beyond to get my situation fix and the best solution is to beware of Gardner Whites false promises.

1 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Gardner White Furniture. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Gardner White Furniture.
Filing a new complaint about