Gardner White Furniture - Over Approved Credit Line

46 of 173 Gardner White Furniture reviews

My husband and I bought a queen mattress set for $699.00.Jinie asked if we wanted to do the 0% interest for 6 months.

We agreed. 10 minutes later she comes back telling us we've been approved for $12,000. We only wanted the $699 to pay for the mattress. Now they have marked our credit to increase it to a balance we didn't want.

They said oh- all you have to do is call them to get it fixed. If we knew they were going to push for more than the price of the mattress, we would have said no. Either way they have dinged our good credit for asking for such a high amount. They ask for the high amount to encourage you to buy more in the store.

We wanted to go back to return the mattress just for the principle of it, but the damage was done.I will not be buying any more furniture from Garner White with their deceiving credit limit practice.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Queen Size Mattress Set
Review category
Furniture and Decor
review #742017

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Gardner White Furniture? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
46 of 173 Gardner White Furniture reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Feb 11 #1110157

The credit company assigns each customer the amount they are approved for, the credit amount / limit is not asked for.

0 0 Reply
BarbT

Nov 30, 2015 #1071431

I am sorry your are upset. The computer sets credit limits based on your credit history and clearly you have an excellent credit history! Congratulations. If you want ta lower limit call Comenity Bank and they will lower your limit. This should not affect your credit score which is clearly excellent.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Gardner White Furniture. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Gardner White Furniture.
Filing a new complaint about
×